Monday, May 19, 2008

Digital vs Traditional Scrapbooking


There seems to be two varieties of scrapbooking, Traditional and Digital and some people feel there should be a divide between them.


I believe both forms of scrapbooking can exist together as they both have good qualities which you can take advantage of to create your works of art.






In my view, there is nothing to be gained by dividing the scrapbooking world into two camps. Both approaches have the same objectives and characteristics. The tools used to create the layouts should not matter. And if the layouts created by the two methods have a different look and feel to them then this is a good thing which adds to the richness and diversity of the craft.

As I am also a photographer, I blend my photos digitally into scrapbook designs and use the best Photoshop effects to get different style pages. On the other hand , I can also print out digital embellishments and backgrounds to use for traditional scrapbooking.



No comments:

Search box

Custom Search